Beregove city lies on the banks of a small river Werke, at the foot of the mountains, the slopes are planted with vineyards, he is known for a long tradition of growing grapes and making wine.
Known Reformed Church writer Papai Pariz Ferenc (1649-1716) in his book «Dictionarium latino-hungaricum» asserts that before the arrival of the Hungarians there was a settlement of the Romans called Perigiumom. However, research to confirm this assumption failed.
It is known that after the death of his brother Bela Hungarian King Endre ² his tenure inherited became the property of his sons - Geza Laszlo and Lampert. The area was taken over by Lampert. The folk legends say that he was the founder of the settlement on the banks of Verka, which was later on named after him «Villa Lamperti», ie Lamperthazoy.
For many centuries the owners of the settlement were the Hungarian kings.
In 1141, after repeated invasions Polovtsian King Geza II relocated to the city of the Saxons, since it was called Szasz, Lampertsasom, Lumprehtsasom, Lamperthazoy.
The well-known legend says that the city was founded much earlier. In this regard, the famous explorer and ethnographer Legotsky Tivadar writes: "As for the legend according to which the shepherd Sas in place of the current Roman Catholic Church in the hole dug by the hoofs of warring bulls, found a great treasure and built a church on the site, and around it - a city which was later named Beregszasz, has no historical confirmation. "
Since 1504, the city in the documents referred to Beregszasz.
Since 1946, the official name of the city Beregove. This is the only city in the Carpathians, where the vast majority of the population of Hungarian nationality.
Beregove - a city of regional subordination, center Beregovskij area, it is located at a distance of 72 kilometers from the regional center of Uzhgorod. Territory Beregovskij area 802 square kilometers, population - 83,3 thousand people, from them 32 thousand live in Beregove. City crosses the channel Werke, linking the river with Borzhava Latorica.
Until 1944 the city with a few interruptions was the center of Beregovo.
As already noted, the founder of the city was the Duke Lampert - son of the brother of King Endre ² Bailey. Pozzheprilegayuschie tenure became the property of the kings of Arpad dynasty and their sons. In 1247 King Bela IV granted Beregovoe status of the royal city. Its heyday coincided with the period of the reign of King Ludwig the Great and Queen Elizabeth. Later surrounding land passed into the possession of the Transylvanian Prince Gabor Bethlen, who built his palace in the city. City played a major role in the liberation war antigabsburgskoy Prince Ferenc Rakoczy. May 22, 1703 is the central square Beregova turned Tomas ECE standard of revolt. Ferenc Rakoczy in this city issued December 20, 1705 a call for an uprising of the people.
The city played an active role in the liberation war of 1848-1849. After Saint-Germain peace treaty, he became a member of the Czechoslovak Republic.
In June 1945, Transcarpathia became part of Ukraine.
The city developed these types of industry, such as wood, furniture, instrument, sewing and others, however, in the current difficult economic situation they are working not to their full capacity. Beregovo famous for its wine production, Transcarpathian vintage wines are bottled in Beregovsky winery.